About the British Hungarian Fellowship

The Fellowship was founded in 1951 under the presidency of the late Professor C A Macartney, fellow of All Souls College, Oxford.

The aim of the Fellowship was and remains to foster friendship and understanding between the peoples of Britain and Hungary through organising meetings to discuss topics of mutual interest, as well as providing a forum for those with an interest in Hungary.